|Collection||Ashland Academy 1839-1849|
|Title||Ashland Academy 1839-1849|
|Copyrights||No copyright conditions exists for this collection.|
|Dates of Creation||1841-1844|
This collection contains the following.
File 1 mathbooks 2 items.
File 2 certificate of attendence 1 item.
File 3 letters of acquisition.
File 4 historical information on Ashland Academy.
|Scope & Content||
The founding of the Ashland Academy grew out of a select school which Professor Samuel McClure of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio conducted in Ashland in 1838. A two-story brick building was erected on the grounds of the present high school building [this location today in 2009 is the current Ashland Middle School on Cottage Street, Ashland, Ohio.] and here in May 1839 began the work of an educational institution, which for more than ten years, up until the establishment in 1850 of the union school system attracted students from every part of the state and other states.
The records of the Ashland Academy are containted in two file folders. Folders 1 has two math books comiled by James Williams. Folder 2 contains the certificate of attendance for James Williams dated September 1841 and signed by Lorin Andrews as principal of the school.
In addition these files also contain information concerning the acquisition of these documents to Ashland University.
Ashland Academy (Ashland, Ohio)
math exercise book
|System of arrangement||One file storage box|