Ashland University Archives logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Kilhefner, Plank, Lonero family photographic collection
Title Kilhefner, Plank, Lonero family photographic collection
Accession number BCA04-23
Caption Isaac Kilhefner
Catalog Number BCA04-23
Classification Photography
Credit line Brethren Church Archives; 524 College Ave; Ashland, OH
Imagefile 001\BCA0423.JPG
Notes The following family photographs are found in this collection.

1-Ashland Street Fair
2-Beattie
3-dube'
4-Haskins
5-Kate
6-Kilhefner
7-Lonero
8-McKean
9-Plank
10-Raubenault
11-Sarasota, Florida.
12-Simmermacher
13-Smith
14-Switzer
15-Walnut Street School, Ashland, Ohio.
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-Birth, Marriages, Deaths
22-Newsclippings, biographical information



Also see the oversized box for the Garman Families genealogy tables. These tables provide lineage for the Kilhefner family.


Object Name Collection
Related Publications Also see the oversized box for the Garman Families genealogy tables.

Genealogy tables for some Garman families descended from immigrants Adam Germann, 1731?-1806 on ship Albany in Philadelphia, Sept. 2, 1749, and Johann Leonhardt Germann, 1724?-1813, fellow passenger :
two members of the great wave of "Penna. Dutch" colonists from Germany & Switzerland to central Pennsylvania before the War of Independence from England in the mid-eighteenth century /
Lester William Strock; George Philip Garman

1979 1st ed.
English Book 1 case ([69] leaves) : ill. ; 44 x 60 cm.
Saratoga Springs, N.Y. : Strock,
Scope & Content The Kilhefner, Plank, Lonero family photographic collection was acquired by Laveda Kovar of Cleveland, Ohio. This collection contains numerous family photographs along with several newsclippings related to the family. The Kilhefner family was from the Ashland, Ohio area. During the formative years of Ashland College, both Reverand Isaac Kilhefner (Board of Trustees president 1889) and Mr. Edwin Kilhefner were very supportive of Ashland College. For many years they served on the Board of Trustees for Ashland College. In addition, Ed Kilhefner donated the land on which the Park Street Brethren Church, Ashland, Ohio was constructed, 1926.

The collection was presented to the Brethren Church Archives by Dorman Ronk, Ashland, Ohio November 24, 2005. Laveda Kovar, as mentioned earlier had acquired the photographs as a family descendent. Sometime later the collection of photographs was given to her long time high school friend Margery Webster at the Ashland County Historical Society, Ashland, Ohio.
Search Terms Ashland, Ohio
Ashland College
Brethren Church
Park Street Brethren Church, Ashland, Ohio
Subjects Ashland College
Ashland, Ohio
Ashland University